Training School in Experimental Design and Statistical Analysis of Bioscience and Biomedical Experiments.
FRAME in collaboration with the University of Nottingham and Moredun Research Institute will be holding its postponed Training School online on 12-16 April 2021.
The FRAME Training School 2021 will take place online, 12-16 April 2021.
Please note: The April Training School is now sold out. Add yourself to the wait list by visiting the Eventbrite page and clicking register. We are committed to running regular Training Schools. Subscribe to our updates (using the box below) to be the first to receive updates on future events.
Many things remain the same:
- The programme will still involve live lectures, group work and the chance to interact with the course Tutors and your fellow participants. To have the most beneficial experience during the course we recommend you have access to a camera and microphone.The course is still accredited by FELASA and you will have the opportunity to take an examination at the end of the course to gain that accreditation. It also qualifies for 10 LASA UK CPD points.This is the thirteenth collaborative Training School which is aimed at postgraduate level or above. The programme is structured to lead participants from simple experimental design and statistical ideas, through more complex methods and analysis to effective presentation of findings.
- Registration is at a special subsidised price thanks to support from FRAME, Moredun Research Institute and Laboratory Animals Limited.
Some things have changed:
- Due to the uncertainty and ongoing restrictions related to the Covid-19 Pandemic we have decided to deliver the Training School virtually.To avoid online fatigue the course will run over 5 days with a break in-between and will be delivered via Zoom.
- To reflect the reduced logistical costs the registration fee has been lowered.
- To ensure that the course remains interactive we have reduced the participant capacity. This means that places are more limited than usual, and we expect them to fill quickly.
The April Training School is now sold out. Add yourself to the wait list by visiting the Eventbrite page and clicking register. We are committed to running regular Training Schools. Subscribe to our updates (using the box below) to be the first to receive updates on future events.
PLEASE NOTE REGISTRATION CLOSES FRIDAY 2nd APRIL 2021 AT 5pm.
The training schedule will take place according to BST (UTC+1) time zone.
View the draft programme.
Comments from past participants:
“This has been a FANTASTIC course in many ways. The topics covered 100% relevant to anyone doing experimental sciences, whether using animal models or not. It has been quite an eye-opening experience after nearly 20 years of scientific career due to the clarity of the concepts discussed here.”
“Course even better than expected. Course material was great with the books and website. Really great help from tutors. Best course I’ve been on for a long time. Learned a lot and will definitely conduct better experiments in the future!“Join the wait list